Followers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Tying my new Huaraches

I couldn't wait to get the huaraches kit home, so I worked on it during lunch break! Here is a tracing of my big foot



11.5 inches long from heel to big toe. Normal size foot for a man my size, but when you trace it on paper you feel like a sasquatch!


After cutting the Vibram Cherry rubber sole and using the hole punch I laced up the cording.




I had to study and watch the video on Invisibleshoe.com as I was lacing to make sure I was doing it right. They work perfectly and fit great! And since I am a tatter(lacemaker) and am frugal, I didn't want to waste the rest of the cording. So I tatted some double stitches going down to the toes. Makes for great decoration and if I need to retie or relace them again, I am not short the cording.


I know....I need a major pedicure!!!!

I made a video of me making the double stitches. I am going to send this on to Invisibleshoe.com so they have more ideas on how to tie. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment