Followers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meds for Arm and Getting Back to Running

It has been almost two weeks since I have done any run, shod or unshod! The reason......I somehow pulled my trapezius muscle while working choreography with the musical director at the HS. So I was in pain from that muscle all the way down the arm and numb to my finger tips. After a week of trying to rest it and doing home therapy, I gave up and went to the doctor. He gave me 800mg of ibuprofen and muscle relaxers(Flexarol?). So I was doped up for about a week and I didn't think being on muscle relaxers and running was a smart idea! So I was pretty even keal for about a week and I am so happy to be off those meds! Still have the achy arm and sharp pains. Funny.....my arm doesn't hurt me when I run. I guess it has to do with the position of my arm and stance while running. But that is a good thing :)

MapMyRun.com - Training Log for tatmantats

This run went smoothly and no real problems. Still have to condition my feet to accept the chip seal roads from my house to two blocks away until I get on smooth roads. But once I hit the smooth road I was off and running! Only had enough time to do a 2.5 mile run before work. Met up with 3 other runners(shod) and two of them were in front of me toward the last leg of my run. But I caught up with them and past them just as I was cornering over to my house. Feels good to know that I can still run fairly fast barefoot. And I expected to have some signs of blisters on my feet. NADA! My feet were fine and they just were toughened up a bit from the roads. Not callused, just toughened. And that is a good thing. That also indicates that I must have been running correctly. YEAH!! Can't wait for my next run!

No comments:

Post a Comment