Followers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Muddy Trail Running

I got inspired by a fellow BFR to do some muddy trail running. This past weekend was a good time for it. Not too cold(yet still was cold and so was the ground!) and we have had lots of rain. Good conditions for a muddy trail run. This was a first for me....3 times.

1) first time for trail running, barefoot
2) first time for muddy trail running
3) first time I have run on this trail

I got a bit disoriented while deep in the trail, but luckily my body has a built in compass and I knew generally where north was. So I didn't really get lost. Just took me a few turns to get to where I wanted to go.

I was all excited and really ready to get going on the trail. Felt like a little kid in a candy store!!! But I had to take some steps back and prepare myself. I always do my Qigong breathing exercises along with my usual stretching exercises. Helps me focus and really helps me in my breathing techniques. I have a low lung capacity, which is one reason I do it. Other reason it helps me relax. And since I was surrounded by nature and the sounds, that was double the pleasure!! When you click on my video you can hear the sounds of the cardinals and other birds, and honking of the geese. PEACEFUL!! I was the only one on that trail and that was a plus.

Here is the video of me preparing for my run with Qigong and I take you on my journey(abridged version) through my first muddy trail run

No comments:

Post a Comment